Monday, May 6, 2013

Mamas-only Yurt Trip

028

043

035
Does this little plant realize what an amazing view it has?

012
Looking for agates where the creek empties out into the ocean, buurr!

013
A few fossil treasures and driftwood for a craft project.
 
Well it only took me 12 years to do it, but this past weekend I went on a little overnight trip with some mama friends without our kids. We booked a yurt down on the coast and had some really relaxing beach time without having to keep a constant eagle eye out for children the whole time.
It was the longest time I have ever been away from Nalah and she is still a pretty big nurser(mostly for comfort at night). I tried pumping  a bunch so Nalah would be set, but doing so I ended up increasing my milk supply and getting really painfully engorged, like hard as a rock melon sized, super painful, engorged.
Despite the painful milk boob issue it was a nice little break, with  beautiful warm sunny weather.  The ocean was bluer than it has ever been.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely trip (despite the engorged boobs)... that sucks (no pun intended).

I love yurts. I keep on telling my hubby that I want a plot of land with a yurt and we can live off the land. He laughs and calls me crazy.

Wishing you a lovely week.

house full of jays said...

Sounds so lovely! Despite the milk issue - I've had that painful problem on an overnight trip!

Mama Gone Green said...

it was so lovely-- hope we can do it again soon. Your pictures are great!

Heating Contractors San Jose said...

Interesting thoughts I really enjoyed your blog