Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yarn Along: A finished Sweater

237

236

247

272

254
I am joining Ginny today for the Yarn Along, follow the link to share what you are knitting and reading.
I finally finished my Aidez sweater that I started in January. I had to force myself to finish it, now that the weather is warm. It is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend, good thing I got my sweater done! ;)
I skipped the trellis pattern on the back because I though it was too busy and my hair is so long it would have covered it anyway, so I just knit the back plain and that was the last piece I did so it went much faster than any of the other pieces.
I see on Ravelry that most people call this a quick knit and whip it up in like two weeks, but not me, not even close. I had a hard time following the pattern and referring to all the cabled sections over and over again. It took all of my concentration and I could only knit late at night when my kids were in bed.
This will be a great sweater for the fall, the yarn colorway is called "pumpkin spice" yum! I have been craving pie the whole time I have been knitting this. I would be happy to skip summer this year and move onto fall when I can rock my sweater and eat pie....just kidding, sort of.
Autumn will come soon enough.
I feel like I should stick to smaller projects for a while but I am already thinking of starting another sweater, a long term no pressure knit slowly through the warmer months kind of thing. With less cables and chart reading so I can knit in the presence of my children.
I am currently reading the Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. Not the most uplifting book but an interesting story none the less.

9 comments:

September Violets said...

Hi, I just popped over from Yarn Along. LOVE!! your sweater :) I too made some winter items just a tad too late for this year and only wore them a few times. I hope you can enjoy summer just a teeny bit before you're forced to wear this beautiful garment ;) Enjoy your day! Wendy :)

Leslie said...

What a 'yummy' sweater, beautiful knitting.

sustainablemum said...

Beautiful sweater, gorgeous colour.

house full of jays said...

It's lovely! And so so beautiful on you! I've been eyeing that pattern for a couple of years - I love the idea of knitting the back without all the cabling...I'd have a hard time focusing through so much cabling!

Unknown said...

This is so cute... and I love the colour.

Looks absolutely beautiful on you! Way to go!

Wishing you a lovely day.
xoxo

flyingjen said...

Stopping by from the Yarn Along. I love your sweater. I started something similar a month or so ago definitely to late to wear this year (althought it is snowing right now...). but it also has cable on the back and that I think will have to be done with no one around to interrupt me!

Lori ann said...

Oh how lovely! Its a beautiful sweater and looks so good on you! I like how you adapted it to fit your needs, and your braids are prettier than cables anyway. :)

Mama Gone Green said...

Hooray! You did it and it looks amazing!!

April said...

Love this!