Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yarn Along

p
I am joining along with Ginny for the Yarn Along today.
  I started a pair of socks on a road trip a few weeks back, they are great for traveling with. I like to knit socks in the warmer months of the year since they are easy to stick in a bag and bring along in the car or anywhere a bit of knitting could be done. Although at this point in my life it is hard to get any knitting done until my kids are in bed.
I purchased the yarn during the Portland Yarn Crawl. It is Zauberball Crazy Sock Yarnit was hard to choose a colorway as they are all so beautiful. It would be fun to be rich and knit a pair of socks from all of them.
I am still reading The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. I just have a few pages to go. I wasn't sure I liked it at the beginning but I always finish a book I start no matter what. I am liking it more as I reach the end of it. It is well written, just uncomfortable subject matter. The book starts with the main character killing her elderly senile mother, pretty dark subject matter. Hoping I pick a happier read for next time.
What are you knitting and reading?

3 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

Love the color! I too like to do socks I the summer and then larger lap projects in the winter.

Lori ann said...

the socks look so pretty, someday i hope to try that wool. i hope you book has a sort of happy ending!

Unknown said...

I love your sock yarn! The colors are awesome!

Wishing you a lovely day.
xoxo