Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Party Time....

Solomon decided the theme for this years  Birthday party would be Giraffe. I had a lot of fun crafting away (or possibly went a little post holiday craft crazy again). Solomon had been wanting a pinata since we went to a little friends party back in May. I wasn't sure how we would pull off a pinata in January...inside..but luckily our move to the first floor apartment came with ample ceiling space. 
Here is my attempt at a  giraffe pinata:
1128

1139

1129
 
 I really had no idea what I was doing. Thankfully I started messing around with it several days in advance because I ended up having to start all over after the first one blew up(literally) when I put it too close to the wall heater to dry.  It turned out a lot better than I imagined and we decided to do the trap door pull string pinata in the end so he is still in one piece and currently staring at me from the other room. I have the urge to tape it to the top of our van...along with my, "I knit so I don't kill people" bumper sicker I would really get the looks, wouldn't I? Actually maybe not here in Portland ;)
Then I found these cute cupcakes on a google search for giraffe cake. They turned out cute but a bit much to actually eat.  Mine were slightly different with the chocolate chip eyes and brown sprinkle manes. So fun!

1149

1154

We had a fun night with friends celebrating Solomon and the New Year.
We ended the party with a few fireworks,which are tricky to find in January by the way. Thank goodness for communities and yahoo groups, I got some for free from a family who planned to just toss them out.( I just watched a cute movie called Craigslist Joe about a guy who lived off of Craigslist and the kindness of strangers for a month. It was cute.)

1167

1164

****Wishing you all a wonderful New Year filled with love and light!*****


No comments: