Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day outing....

I bet you can't guess what I did on Mother's Day.....
spring2011 255

Just joking, I am so darn predictable these days. A real rock hunting junky.
spring2011 263

But what I love the most about it is that it gets me out of the city for a while and it is so meditative, and best of all it is free.
spring2011 261
(I did not make the rock sculptures, they have been showing up here for years. I guess someone else loves this spot as much as I do. Maybe we are kindred spirits?)

spring2011 260

The kids had a lot of fun playing together, building a house out of branches. This was so refreshing for me to see. There is quite an age gap between them and it is usually challenging for them to get along without teasing(the elder) and shrieking(the younger).
spring2011 264

spring2011 266

spring2011 272

The storms even cleared up right after we got there. Leaving the rocks shiny and clean, perfect for finding treasures. Giving me a few hours of beautiful sunshine. It was a really fun day.
And it took my mind off of my swollen impacted wisdom tooth for the day, ouch is all I have to say about that. OUch :(

5 comments:

Baby By The Sea said...

Lovely spot for a special day. Happy Mama's Day.

Mama Gone Green said...

Looks wonderful!

MJ said...

Your photos are a breath of fresh air!! And those rock sculptures, what a fun mystery :).

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oooh, these photos are so full of peace, so beautiful!
Oh so sorry about your wisdom tooth! I still have all 4 of mine. Usually they're fine, but sometimes they bother me. I am afraid to have them pulled. . .

a little crafty nest said...

I can smell the ocean just through your photos. Love that...and miss it! Beautiful shots:)
xo Jules