Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Fruit Loop Tour-Part 2

My farm posts continue at Draper Girls Country Farm. This was one of the prettiest farms I have seen, with Mt.Hood looming in the distance. We ate a picnic lunch and wandered around for a while. I didn't want to leave, it just felt right being there.

042

How can you beat a view like this? It is so much bigger than the camera can capture. The low clouds burned off just in time for us to get a magnificent view. Worth the weeks of waiting for good weekend weather.
066

I bet she helps with the fertilizer..
040


062

Isn't this a beautiful pumpkin?
063

And a giant tree swing to boot...
044

Even a little brother, who is not a swing person, had to give it a try.
058

050

The apple orchards.
053

055


Giant Hollyhocks, my favorite flower. I dream of a house with Hollyhocks towering in the yard. I swear they were about 15 feet high. The one Hollyhock plant I grew this year in my yard was about 2 feet high. Maybe I should get a pig.......
047

060

Such a beautiful place! I can't wait to visit again.

1 comment:

Mama Gone Green said...

you should totally get a pig! we will come play with it!;)