Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September swimming ....

002

003

My first time swimming this summer was this past weekend. September has been hot so far, like hottest temperatures of the year. I am thankful for the chance to jump in a river, at least once before the summer ends. I am trying to get the summer experience where I can so I don't feel too shocked this fall when I realize it's already gone, and I missed it. So I feel good old mother nature is taking pity on my situation and giving me another chance now that I have strong days where I can get out and enjoy it. For that I am very thankful.
I don't think I have ever swam in September before, like there was some kind of unwritten rule that once the school year started swimming was no longer an option. But this year I decided that is quite silly, especially when it is in the upper 90's and we live in an upstairs apartment with one fan.
Now I can fully welcome the fall, my favorite time of year and jump into the rivers as long as I can get away with it. :)

4 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

No matter the season, never pass on a chance to swim... oh, glorious swimming! That river spot looks wonderful.

Mama Gone Green said...

A swim sounds really nice...

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That looks like a great swimming river-

Baby By The Sea said...

It's a good goal to see how many rivers you can jump into before the cold mist and strong winds descend. And, oh my! With rivers and swimming holes like that I can't imagine wanting anything else from a warm day. Lovely pictures.