Monday, March 7, 2011

Illustration Sunday....better late than never


I am double posting today to get my illustration for this week posted. I misplaced my camera yesterday and was unable to post my regular Sunday Illustration.
Another Tasha...... I am sensing a theme. I think the reason she is on my mind lately is the fact she was an incredible mother with a creative free spirit that thrived amidst her children. It was almost as if she was a child herself in a way that she never seemed to lose her sense of wonder and creativity that we are sometimes forced to lose just by the cruel reality of the world. She did all that and was a very successful Illustrator, a mama artist. I need her right now,maybe more so than ever before. She made it happen, so then so can I.
Big changes are ahead and I am just hoping that along the way I don't give up my dream. Like I said before, I have wanted to be an Illustrator since I was a child and I still don't have a back up plan.

5 comments:

witte's end studio said...

looks great. it was worth the wait. i like the closer images as well. have a good week, heidi.

house full of jays said...

I must gush over both of these recent posts....Your illustrations are absolutely incredible. Beautiful, Heidi!

mb said...

wow, this is beautiful. i will look forward to seeing more of your illustrations in coming weeks! :) best wishes on keeping your dream alive.

simona said...

Lovely illustration!
It's been crazy in my life the last 2 weeks, but I'm sure I'll be able to do another sketch-a-day post next week. I always find it inspiring to see your work!

Alicia P. said...

That is a gorgeous tribute to Tasha Tudor. Seeing it reminds me of a story you might get a giggle from: I write sewing books, and my literary agent was also Tasha Tudor's agent until she passed away. Right after Tasha died, my agent told me the story of the first time she met her, out at Tasha's farmhouse. She said she had this long, windy driveway, more like a road, daffodils everywhere (just like the pictures), and Tasha was walking down to meet her, followed by a gaggle of corgis. The corgis were all running around as they do, but one corgi was not behaving. And Tasha wasn't having any of it, so she just picked him up by the scruff of the neck (like a mama corgi) and dunked him in a full rain barrel as she walked by. And then he was much better behaved after that :-).

Just one more lesson from Tasha, I guess [wink]!