Thursday, October 17, 2013

Goat Friends....

409

411

412

410

413

412

405

400

398

My Portland friends have been teasing me with Facebook posts about playing with goats,feeding goats, and holding baby goats. I was like WHERE ARE THEY!!!!??? It isn't news I have a goat problem and want one for my very own, but since that wont be happening anytime soon this is the next best thing! I know where to go when  a need a goat fix, no more waiting a year for the Flock and Fiber Festival.
On 12th and Belmont in an empty grass lot there is a small herd of mostly male goats with a mama and her two babies. You can visit them whenever you want and feed them through the gate but if the gate is open you can go in and...touch them and maybe even get lucky enough to have a  newborn baby goat fall asleep in your lap,what could be better?(well, besides a newborn human?) I just love their teeny tiny horns.
I have already been there twice since finding them last weekend especially since my camera died on my first visit and I was hoping to get some photos for drawing reference. 
 I had to pull a foot of my hair out of a goat throat which was pretty gross, don't ever turn your back on a goat.

1 comment:

Mama Gone Green said...

awesome! I didn't realize you could go in if the gate was open...... I will have to try and go meet them! SO cute!!!