Monday, June 3, 2013

12 Years.....

( back in 1999)
  We celebrated our 12th Anniversary yesterday. I thought I would share a picture from early on just for fun. We have been friends since High school and started dating only after Ben left for college and I was still finishing up my senior year. We survived two years of a long distance relationship and talked of getting married someday. Well that someday was sooner than we thought after we found out we were going to be parents. So at the young ages of 20 and 21 we got hitched, sort of in a shotgun- wedding- hey- we- have- a- two- month- old- baby kind of style, but I really believe it would have happened anyway.  We haven't had the easiest life with several lay offs in the last few years and poverty looming over our heads, it has been really hard on us and has tested our marriage, but I believe we go too far back to let money issues destroy us. He has been my best friend for the last 14 years and I couldn't ask for a better guy and Papa for my kids. I love you Ben.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute. Happy Anniversary!

April said...

What an adorable picture! Happy anniversary - hope things start looking up for you guys!