Tuesday, May 1, 2012

For my Midwives...

632


634

642



I knit up a few wombs for my midwives and their apprentices as thank you gifts. I found the pattern on Ravelry and I thought they would make good gifts for my midwives. When Solomon was born I made felted bowls that resembled wombs so I wanted to carry on with the theme.

I also made them each a felted bar of soap. It was my first time making felted soap and it was lots of fun. I have a ton of roving and no needle felting tools so I see a lot if felted soap making in my future. It would be a great project to do after working out in the garden. My hands had never been cleaner :)

2 comments:

Mama Forestdweller said...

oh my goodness!!! how totally awesome. what perfect gifts for midwives, and so beautiful!

W-S Wanderings said...

Okay, that is the coolest midwife gift EVER.