Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A kitty hat for my cat lover girl

013

011

I only knit one gift for Christmas this year, a cat hat for Sophie my little cat lover. She loves her cat Lola so much when she came home from visiting her Grandparents for a month( and not seeing her mom for that long) this summer the first thing she did was find her cat and give her a hug. Lola has pretty much been tucked under her arm since we got her when Sophie was 4 years old. When I was thinking of gifts for her for the holidays I thought she would like a pattern that I found in my very old and well loved copy of Stitch and Bitch, also found here.
She really likes her hat and it has already been rescued from the lost and found of her school once(after only two days back at school). It is nice finally knitting her something she will actually wear and she genuinely likes.


5 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

It's wonderful! Love the colours. And thanks for the reminder about the pattern - I'm thinking that it's time to go dig out my copy of the book. You've inspired me :-)

house full of jays said...

Oooo, it's so sweet! It looks lovely on your beautiful girl!

simona said...

this is super cute, i can imagine she likes it because i do too!

trish said...

Lovely...so cute.

Mama Gone Green said...

turned out great. I need to make a hat for Phoebe with a tie.. maybe I won't have to hunt them down that way