Sunday, July 25, 2010

Illustration sunday.... a field sketch

knittingsewingsolliesummer 155


knittingsewingsolliesummer 154



This is just a simple sketch that I painted out in the sunshine in my front yard. I was never really confident drawing from real life, but it was something that I did a lot in art school and something I haven't done at all in the 3 years since I graduated. Flowers are pretty easy, but it was windy and those daisies danced away.
My whole point in blogging my work is to force myself back into habit of drawing, being forced to draw in college really burned me out. I am trying to get back into it, and it feels really good.
Please post a link to your illustrations or paintings in my comments if you would like to share. I would love to have others join in so we can motivate one another, that is what I miss most about art school. While you are there art seems so important, but once you graduate and your family life starts to take over it really takes the back seat.
After attending the incredibly creative Oregon Country Fair I am re inspired to get my art back in my life and to pursue my dream job as an illustrator. Can I be an artist and a mother without being selfish?
I will post more on that tomorrow!

No comments: