Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yarn Along: A guacamole colored sweater and some illustration eye candy.

 
I started working on my Greenfield Cardigan last week. The yarn is my favorite color ever, it reminds me of guacamole but the actual colorway is called "turtle". The trip to the yarn store was fun as I got to carry around a tiny white poodle that is the store mascot who looks like a tiny little sheep with tight curls that look like little dreadlocks, he smells so good too. I don't know if I go there because I like the yarn selection or if I just want to get my hands on that sweet little fur ball.



I have been very inspired by Mark Hearld's illustrations in the book, Outside Your Window: A First Book of Nature by Nicola Davies. I checked this book out on a whim from the library and renewed it half a dozen times now. I really should just buy it, it is just beautiful.


For adult reading, I am currently reading Plainsong by Kent Haruf. It was a score from a great thrift store that sells books a dollar a piece that I visit every so often. I have quite the summer reading stash going on now.
What are you reading and knitting?
Please join along in the Yarn Along with Ginny over at Small Things.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I do love the illustrations from that book! So sweet. I'm not a green lover but the yarn does have a nice appeal. Visiting from Yarn along.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful colour yarn, I am a great fan of green in whatever shade.

Donna said...

That green yarn is very Spring like. Reminds me of all the green we are starting to see here in the Northeast. It sounds like your yarn store is great fun!

W-S Wanderings said...

I am enchanted by your yarn and the illustrations. That cardi pattern looks great. I can't wait to see yours!

Mama Gone Green said...

Fun! My green cardi is not going so well.... somehow I was about 40 stitches short when I went to separate the sleeves. I added a few and decided to just go with it and hope for the best. I have already re-started the thing once and can't imagine frogging again.... Hopefully it will fit. It's probably gonna be way too tiny. Oh well.