Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A few crafty things....

 A few weeks ago I busted into my needle felting kit I purchased at a local yarn shop during the Portland Yarn Crawl this year. I sat in the sun in my yard with my eldest daughter one day during spring break and we had a good time making little felted bugs together. I love how portable needle felting is and it is so fun and easy!

  

 
 Sophie made this one, it turned out great. It was her first try at needle felting.

 I treated myself to Anna Maria Horner's Fine Feather fabric back at Christmas time and was not sure what I would do with it. I had these pillow forms in my sewing room that needed covers but I didn't have enough yardage of the Anna Maria fabric to make both pillows. I found a fun fabric at JoAnns in the remnant section that was a perfect fit to complete the covers, a funky mandala shaped print with blues that worked well with the feather print. I just made an envelope style pillow case and the back is held in place with a velcro tab. Simple and fun and now I get to look at my feather fabric every day.


1 comment:

Mama Gone Green said...

Wow! Sophie is great at that. You guys could make those into cute little hair clips. I would buy them!