Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thankful....

1165

I am thankful for feeling well enough to eat blueberries out in the sun.
I am thankful that I was well enough yesterday to sit by a river for a while.
I am thankful that I am the one who has been ill and not my children.
I am thankful that one night last week I felt well enough to eat an actual meal.
I am thankful that I got to "see" a healthy, dancing baby via ultrasound today.
I am thankful that my body grew a healthy baby despite my severe sickness this first trimester.
I am thankful there was only one baby in there .Don't get me wrong, twins are a wonderful blessing but more than we could provide for currently.
I am thankful that after weeks of feeling helpless, that things are finally improving and I am slowly getting better. That there is a tiny little person thriving and growing and knowing that makes everything I have been through during this difficult first trimester worth it.
After all, I would do anything for my kids, even one I haven't met yet:)

5 comments:

April said...

Congrats on seeing your little one today, that's fantastic :) I'm glad you're feeling a bit better ... hopefully it only gets better from here!

embracingitall said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Hope you keep improving. Jacinta

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Breathing that happy sigh of relief for you. I had similar experiences in my pregnancies... and the twin concern is a valid one, I know!
I hope that it continues to improve, and you can enjoy more blueberries in the sun. Keep thriving, Tiny Little Person!

trish said...

Blessings to you.

house full of jays said...

I am WAY late getting caught up here but I am so thankful to hear that you are feeling better, that babe is healthy and that you are so wonderful and inspiring in your gratitude! xoxo R