Monday, December 6, 2010

Colored pencil roll

stuffimake 138


stuffimake 139


stuffimake 136


stuffimake 134


stuffimake 135


I made this colored pencil roll for my friend's little girl who turned 3. I got the idea from Last Minute Quilted and Patchwork gifts by Joelle Hoverson.
I made a few changes to the pattern by making it smaller and adding her name appliqued on the back. This was fun to sew it was easily accomplished in one afternoon. My little guy is really into drawing and painting so I might have to make him one too for his upcoming Birthday.
I just loved the colored pencils I found too(Faber-Castell jumbo Eco Pencils) they are chubby and triangular and have the cutest little animals on them, best of all they are made from 100% reforested wood.

3 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh I love your pencil roll with the colored stripes! What a great idea!
I ordered those pencils (I think they're the same- from stubby pencil studio) for Asa who is 3~ they haven't come yet but I am glad to hear you like them. :) I had thought about a pencil roll too for them. .
I always enjoy stopping here! <3

Wintry said...

We love, love, love the pencil set! Aoife unrolls it, chooses and color, and then puts it back in the matching pocket! Thank you again for such a sweet gift!

Mama Gone Green said...

That was an awesome gift. And I love your new header picture!