Wednesday, November 17, 2010

knitting to lift a heavy heart.....

knitting 074


knitting 070


knitting 075

(pattern: Fetching from Knitty.com Yarn:Cascade Yarns Lana D'Oro Ruby)

I made these mittens for a dear friend of mine who I have been thinking about a lot lately. I though about her so much I felt I just had to put my energy and love into creating something for her. There is love in every stitch of these gloves. I sent them off in the mail today. I hope her favorite color is still red.

3 comments:

Tessa said...

So sweet, I know she will be so touched. Red IS still her favorite color. I think this is such a wonderful way to show your love and support. xox

Mama Gone Green said...

they turned out really nice!

Cory said...

found you off soulemama..
lovely blog.
I'm a beginning knitter and am inspired to progress to mittens like this.
I know your friend will love them!