Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yarn Along: Some recent baby knits

I am joining along with Ginny today for the Yarn Along.
Nalah does not like to wear hats, and she is very good at pulling them off , even the hats with ties. I needed a hat that she couldn't get off and I found this adorable pattern on the Pickles website when I was browsing on ravelry and thought it would be perfect for my little hat hating baby goose. I just knit it up with some yarn from my stash,mostly Patons wool.
( Please forgive the blurry photos, my camera is having a hard time with the dark Oregon winter lighting.)
 1114

1119

1143
The cowl part of the hat tucks underneath her jacket.
1170
This has been a great solution for riding in the backpack. Before, when we were out walking she would take off her hat over and over again and I would have to stop and take her off to get to tie her hats back on, it was a pain. Now I don't have to worry about her taking off her hat.
I also finally got buttons on the vest:

1132

1126

I am currently reading the Dr. Sears Baby Sleep Book and a few parenting books on sibling rivalry. 
Also reading Dry By Augusten Burroughs. I really enjoyed his other book, Running With Scissors   ( a very disturbing memoir of his childhood) so I checked out a few of his other books at the library.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What a perfect hat solution!

Love the pic with the cat...

Josée said...

A perfect hat :)

Mama Gone Green said...

The vest looks great, love the colors. And that hat is such a great idea. I wish I would have had one of those for P last winter. xo

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

I love the hat with cowl! It's so cute!!