Thursday, September 27, 2012

Restore the Arts to our Schools!

1126

Portland is a city know for it's creative people and for the abundant art scene, so why do only 18% of Portland Public school have any Art Education? This is just nuts! We are so far below the National average for Arts Education.
I know as a child in Elementary school, I looked forward to my art class every week and I don't think I would have made it through High School without art classes. The art room was my sanctuary. A place where everyone fit in and a place where it was okay to be different and creative. I couldn't imagine that not being available. It makes me so sad for our children here in Portland.
If you live in Portland please click here for more information on how you can help restore art and music to our schools. Help out the folks out there who would love to teach art here in Portland as well(myself included).
I was able to help out in a small way by delivering yard signs last week to fellow supporters. It felt good to play a small part in this cause.
Vote YES! Portland! Restore Art and Music Education to our Schools!
SchoolsArtsTogether.com

No comments: