Saturday, February 18, 2012

Henna belly!

167

059

060

My dear friends are so thoughtful and gifted me a session with a henna artist to get my belly painted to celebrate the end of my pregnancy. I wanted to do something special for my last pregnancy and wasn't sure if I would get around to making a belly cast this time around.
I spent this past Valentine's Day evening getting my belly painted. The tree is significant to this pregnancy and the sweet babe we will hopefully meet very shortly. I think the artist did an amazing job, she even offered to paint Sophie's hand. I am so grateful for my caring friends :) It really meant a lot to me and it wouldn't have happened without them.
I was hoping baby would stay put until Friday so the henna would darken enough to get some fun pictures. I had some pretty intense warm up contractions for several hours on Thursday night and though that may not happen, but we were blessed with a little more time.
I think I am the only mama in history still wanting to be pregnant at 39 weeks 5 days.

9 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

It looks beautiful... you look beautiful! Blessings on you and babe, for a gentle labor, safe delivery, and healthy-happy lifetimes.

Mama Forestdweller said...

How gorgeous! That's some of the most amazing henna work I've ever seen.
Your belly looks absolutely beautiful!
Hugs and blessings to you and your family as the birth day draws near :)

trish said...

wow...now that is one gorgeous henna belly...so beautiful.
Wishing you a beautiful birth.
Much love

erika~ the inspired mama said...

oooooh, pretty belly!! ♥ can't wait to hear all about your new babe!
xoxo,
erika

April said...

Wow, such a beautiful belly! She did a fantastic job :)

I'm thinking wonderful thoughts for you and the beautiful babe that will soon be joining your family! You will do amazing!!!

Anne said...

What a beautiful Henna picture..:)

Wishing you a safe & beautiful delivery for you and your baby...:)

embracingitall said...

How gorgeous! The henna and your sweet belly. I love trees drawn/painted like that. Sending you lots of beautiful birthing thoughts your way. Jacinta x

Baby By The Sea said...

so, so beautiful. what a great picture.

Mama Ash Grove said...

Dear Heidi, it is just beautiful! You are so close- maybe you've already had the baby by now!
<3