Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yarn Along.....

021
(Sorry for the horrible picture, it has been so dark here in Oregon)

I have been quiet on the blog lately so I thought I would join in this week with the Yarn along with Ginny.
I just finished a pair of baby booties from the yarn left over from the easy baby cardigan. They turned out pretty cute. Although they seem a little big for a newborn so I don't think the sweater and the booties will be worn at the same time, but hey no big deal. The bootie pattern is called "Ruth's Perfect Baby Booties" and can be found here. How many times did I say booties? A lot!
I am still constantly knitting toddler fingerless gloves to sell, but am sort of in between projects right now. Still SLOWLY making progress on the star baby blanket, my October deadline came and went,oops ;).
I just finished reading A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards. I checked it out from the library and finished it the same day. It is a quick read full of touching essays, recipes(mostly vegetarian too!) and a few knitting patterns that go along with her stories. I cried after reading almost every essay, it could be the pregnancy hormones to blame, but it is such a sweet book. I highly recommend it, and because of the recipes and patterns it would make a great gift for a knitter to come back to again and again.
I am also reading Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes but making very slow progress. I am however enjoying it very much. I have seen it recommended on many blogs.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

What sweet booties! The Knitter's Companion sounds like a rewarding read so I will have to add it to my book list. Thanks!

Linda said...

Adorable booties! The books sounds good too:)

devonmama said...

The books sound great, and what sweet booties...that bow is gorgeous x

Anke said...

The booties are so cute!

Lindsay said...

Those are very wonderful little booties <3

There's something about booties - no matter how many times I try a pattern for booties, I end up with something that doesn't fit the little one they are intended for. I've not had this problem with anything else I've knit or crocheted, but booties seem to do it every time.

I'll have to check out that book! Sounds great!

Crunchy Momma said...

That books sounds lovely, will have to check it out. The booties are sweet and they will fit when they fit : )

Charity said...

The booties are adorable!

Lori ann said...

i've been wanting to see that book, it sounds lovely. and the booties are adorable, love the color you chose.

Becks said...

I keep thinking of that book but lways spend any spares on yarn instead! The bootees look really cute.
x

Mama Gone Green said...

they turned out so cute!!

Sarah from Our Island Home said...

I was wondering about this book. Thanks for writing about it.