Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Twining trees....

I wanted to share a finished knitted project I made earlier in the summer. Ben and I went to the Redwoods to celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. Afterward I made this tree wall hanging to remember out trip (this was before I found our about our little souvenir coming in February:)
I found the pattern on Ravelry and noticed that several other people used this as wedding gifts making blankets and pillows. It is pretty symbolic of two lives becoming one, and fit perfect with our Redwood tree theme. I thought the pillows were really cool and may make them in the future but I decided just to make a single panel and weaved it over a branch to hang it on the wall above our bed. It was my first time reading a pattern chart, I did okay but made a few mistakes, it was easy to lose track of where I was, especially when knitting around children.
The yarn is Patons wool and much darker brown than the photos show.
004

005

7 comments:

trish said...

That is so lovely. What a special thing to create to symbolize your relationship and your love. I love it.
Blessings

Aja said...

Beautiful! I love this so. What gorgeous yarn and such a meaningful creation :)

Katy said...

That is simply gorgeous! And very clever decoration too, what a lovely reminder of something so sweet.

embracingitall said...

It is beautiful and I love the sentiments. The fecks of colour through the yarn remind me of autumn leaves. Jacinta x

house full of jays said...

This is so incredible, Heidi! And I love the symbolism. I especially like it hung from the branch.

Pure Ella said...

Oh wow this is incredible!!!!
You are very talented.
I wish I had fraction of that talent ;)

Annie said...

Just discovered your blog-beautiful! I absolutely love this pattern, and the way you wove it onto the branch. Thank you for the link. Just might become an anniversary gift for someone...