Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sophie's gloves

knitting 054

Sophie declared that she needed arm warmers, so I got right on it. She picked the yarn out herself, what nine year old wouldn't pick brightly colored acrylic? I have to say anytime she actually shows interest I am always thrilled to make her anything. We saw lots of great Halloween costumes at the thrift store yesterday but she insisted " I want you to make my costume mom". So we spent the morning picking out fabric and bribing Solomon to behave with M&M's. I know, great parenting.
I also wanted to mention a super cute kids book we checked out from the library called Knitting Nell by Julie Jersild Roth.I have it linked in my sidebar for more information.


Tessa said...

So cute. LOVE them. I want a pair...

Melanie~Our Ash Grove said...

I love the arm warmers- what a great idea! My own 9 year old daughter would love these. . . and rainbow stripes would likely be her choice as well. :)
I had seen KNitting Nell online once before and wondered about it- I'll have to look for it!

Mama Gone Green said...

those are awesome!
I guess I am really excited to have a girl so that I can make cute stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

Oooo those look great! All of her friends are going to be envious and want to know where they can buy them ;) -but you can't find them in any store.

I totally need to check out that knitting nell book.

Sophie said...

Ya fyi i havn`t even worn them at school yet cause my teacha says we can`t even wear them in class.
But do`nt worry mom, I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!