Friday, September 24, 2010

my Blume hat....

I wanted to share my newly finished Blume Hat from the fall issue of Knitscene magazine. I used Madelinetosh fingering weight yarn in "Burnished" colorway. Making a hat in fingering weight yarn is very slow going and I managed to break two pairs of bamboo circluar needles. What is wrong with my knitting these days? All this yarn and needle drama!
Oh and speaking of knitting problems remember this one?, The yarn I have been waiting for to finish my Tea Leaves sweater came in stock at a local yarn shop. I raced over as soon as I could with my sweater in hand and guess what?? No luck, The colorway is way different than my sweater...and way different from my on-line yarn purchase.Such a bummer. Learn from me people. Never, ever buy 4 out of 5 balls of yarn and expect to ever find a matching skein out there. I have noticed that Madeline tosh dye lots are so varied. I may never get this fixed. What an expensive mistake this has become!
knitting 007


knitting 008


knitting 018

3 comments:

Mama Gone Green said...

awesome hat! I am so sad for you about the sweater (and I feel your pain with my legwarmers, although I put much less time, effort and $ into those!). Fingers crossed. The knitting fairies will bring you good luck in finding a matching skein!!

Tessa said...

love the hat!
totally sucks about your sweater, but i be someday you'll come across the yarn!
xoxo

nanerbug said...

Love the hat! Just about to buy this pattern.

About the sweater, buy the slightly different colorways, frog back your sweater some, and do alternate rows until the newer yarn can become the main? That's what I'd do. Frog it back a lot because you are going to need to do this for the arms as well and will need some of the original for that.