Tuesday, August 31, 2010

6 day birthday socks!

dinosaurs and lemonade 028



Sorry for the lack of posting, our family has been sick with a flu bug for a good week. Monday was the first day in 3 days that I actually got dressed and left the house...only because I had to take Sophie to swimming lessons and Ice skating. We are feeling better now...all of us bit by bit. I was well enough to climb the mountain today, it was rainy and chilly, it felt great.
Anyway, I wanted to share another recent knitting project. This was quite the undertaking. About 6 days before my dads Birthday I decided I was going to knit him socks after hearing him say, in casual conversation, that "wool socks are hard to find".
Now, I have knit socks before, One pair, but they took more like 6 months, not 6 weeks to complete. ..only because I was SLOW and got bored after the first one.
The idea of completing a pair in just 6 days seemed a little crazy, but I was up for the challenge. It gave me something to do while I worked many things out in my head. Knitting is such great stress relief, and I am a high stress person so I think it is a blessing really.
After picking out some wool yarn in my dads favorite colors I got started immediately and had the first sock done to the heel on the first night. Six days(of nonstop knitting) later they were done.
I think he liked them. Although said he would never wear them with shorts. What Dad, too loud for ya?
note: they look lopsided in the photo, but I assure you they were the same length.

2 comments:

Mama Gone Green said...

Nice work! Your knitting is such an inspiration!

Wintry said...

They look great!! Glad you are feeling better!