Sunday, June 20, 2010

Introducing: Illustration Sunday

DSC00236


I am starting a new blog tradition. Each Sunday I am going to post an illustration. It may be just a sketch or possibly a fully worked, finished piece.
This is just to motivate myself to draw and paint again on a regular basis, and most importantly to motivate myself to work towards getting my Children's book published that I created as my senior thesis project in Art school.
I am ashamed by how little I have done to achieve that dream in the past few years since graduating. I was however, very completely distracted by the birth of my son.
So here I go....trying to get on it again.
After all nothing burns out an artists passion like 4 years of art school....

4 comments:

gardenmama said...

Your work is gorgeous Heidi, I look forward to seeing more of your illustrations. Good for you for working towards your dream! xo

Tonya Gunn said...

What a wonderful idea. It will be so nice to see your work.
I started a wildlife sketch journal for a similar reason - to get some regular drawing done - even if it is just 15 minute increments.

Warm wishes.

Tonya Gunn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Gone Green said...

Wow! That is incredible! You should definitely illustrate.