Saturday, January 30, 2010

Knit it while the knitting is good....






I started these pants a few months ago for Sollie, but they were put aside so I could finish other knitting projects. I finally got them done! I found the pattern free on Ravelry.(For thoes who may care to know, they are called "Kanoko Pants" by Yumiko Sakurai). They would have been a pretty quick knit if I stuck with them. But they were one of those projects I had to force myself to complete....like the second sock...that second sock is so hard to knit, especially if I start something new after the first one. Does anyone else have this problem?
There is only a short period in a child's life when he is still willing to wear hand knit pants.....so it was a race against time. Solomon still seems okay with it...I think he genuinely likes them....

1 comment:

Tessa said...

so cute, i love the one where he's sweeping. What a cutie, hope I get to meet him. Any plans to go home this summer? We'll be there mid-June to mid-July.
xoxox